Previous Entry | Next Entry

Victoria: a state of Australia

  • Feb. 8th, 2009 at 1:37 AM
rotae: Ritchie Neville of the band FIVE headbanging (Default)
At Least 14 Dead in Victoria Bushfires.

Australians, I know it was a scorcher everywhere today - please sound off that you're okay *HUGS*

People complaining about the cold? Yeah. I think we'd like to swap now.

Peace,
Rotae

Tags:

Comments

[identity profile] eschatologies.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 03:12 pm (UTC)
Oh dear! I'll be sending some of this snow and ice your way.

I have a question: every Australian and New Zealander in London is getting pissed right now, at 3 in the afternoon. What is the occasion? They sure are rowdy, but it is fun to observe all the Fosters cans littering the street.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 03:17 pm (UTC)
YES. THAT'D BE GREAT. THANK YOU!

Oh, that might be second one day test between Australia and New Zealand? Hmm... but that was a day ago... I dunno! Maybe they're replaying it in the UK?

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] erbylikewhoa.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 04:26 pm (UTC)
lol ... who is drinking Foster's???
[identity profile] eschatologies.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 04:59 pm (UTC)
Everyone! It tastes awful, but it is cheaper than anything else, and I guess if you just want to get drunk, it's not so bad...
[identity profile] barelyshocking.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 03:22 pm (UTC)
So sad :(

Perth actually had mild weather for once, sunshine and clear skies followed by a cool evening. Makes a change from the 38C days we've been having.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:25 am (UTC)
Yeah. I can't wait to go back to Tasmania for 24C :3 That's hot for me, LOL.

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] slyfoxesq.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 03:59 pm (UTC)
SOB. I know this crazy conservative girl in HiH, and since we've had some serious wintery weather in the states she posted to Twitter with "Where's your precious global warming now?" I immediately replied with "Australia." :|
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:29 am (UTC)
Unfortunately bush fires are really common in Australia - but because of that, fortunately we know how to deal with them. Australian fire fighters are sent to other countries when they have fires because we're the best in the world at putting them out.

So you know things are bad when 84 people are dead from them. It's horrific.

And now I want to bash that girl's head in. Send her a link to The Age's (http://www.theage.com.au/) website and see what she says. *uses appropriate icon*

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] erbylikewhoa.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 04:27 pm (UTC)
Oh man, I hope everything is okay. The member I was with was from NE Vic, which saw really bad bushfires a couple years back, but I think the worst of it is staying around Melbourne.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:36 am (UTC)
Yeah. It's around Gippsland etc.

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] ruthyuki999.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 06:06 pm (UTC)
<3 well I'm ok, the worst of the bushfires are on the other side of the state.

*hugs*
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:34 am (UTC)
Thank goodness. <3 Put tennis balls in your gutters and fill them with water, just in case, LOL. <33333

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] ex-http://alight.livejournal.com/839 wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 07:20 pm (UTC)
:( THANKS A WHOLE FUCKING LOT, GLOBAL WARMING. A SPECIAL THANKS GOES OUT TO YOUR ARSONIST MINIONS. You're safe on your island, right, Rotae? RIGHT? SAY YES.

There have been fires in my area recently, too ... it's 23.8 C here and it hasn't rained in weeks. So, yeah, we're under a fire warning. In winter. :|
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:38 am (UTC)
I'm actually in Sydney atm, and there have been a few fires here in NSW, so there's been a red sun but not much else. I'm totally safe here :)

Yeah. It's got to 47.8C in some parts of Victoria these past couple of days. Hell, 25C is my comfort limit :|

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] vaguelyclear.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 09:42 pm (UTC)
People complaining about the cold? Yeah. I think we'd like to swap now.

Tell me about it! I'd take cold over heat any day of the week.

There were a couple of fires north of where I live, but I don't think it was anything like in Melbourne. Cool change coming in to Sydney tomorrow, though, so yay! Hopefully, Melbourne gets one, too.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:42 am (UTC)
Same. You can always rug up, but there's only so many layers of clothing you can take off, right?

Yeah, they're still hoping for a cool change tonight, so let's hope they get it :)

And dude, you know I'm in Sydney atm, right? And so are [livejournal.com profile] talumin and [livejournal.com profile] amathela! We should meet up!

Peace,
Rotae
ext_7442: (Default)
[identity profile] amathela.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 11:31 pm (UTC)
[livejournal.com profile] talumin and I are in Sydney (good timing). Of course, my dad being my dad, this is the time he's decided to use his retirement from the fire brigade wisely by, um, joining the volunteer bush fire brigade.

But, we're okay. And, more importantly, in a hotel with air conditioning.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:43 am (UTC)
DUDE! So am I! We should totally meet up! :D I'm all alone at my grandmother's house - you should come around and stay the night or something, there's heaps of beds :D

And LOL, your dad sounds awesome <3

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] 6kittykat6.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 7th, 2009 11:44 pm (UTC)
OMG, they number is now 25, and they're expecting it to rise to 40! This is horrible.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:45 am (UTC)
84 now... :(

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] troublems03.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 12:14 am (UTC)
I'm in Melbourne, but things are okay as I live pretty centrally. Though I have lots of friends out in the problem areas so I'm very stressed out.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:46 am (UTC)
I totally understand. I hope your friends are okay <3333333333 Thank goodness you're okay <3

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] mybabyangel.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 02:01 am (UTC)
BLAAR HEAT. I mean, I don't mind it too much, really, but 45 is getting a bit excessive. And I smelled smoke last night, which is not so good. But things seem clear now, so. Yay!
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:48 am (UTC)
Yeah, I smelt that too! And the sun was red this afternoon :/

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] mybabyangel.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 9th, 2009 01:55 am (UTC)
ALSO, YES. WE MUST GET TOGETHER. When is good for you?
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 9th, 2009 01:11 pm (UTC)
Any time is good for me! Oh, apart from Wednesday afternoon... but other than that, I'm totally free :)

I'm staying at my Grandmother's place while she's down with my parents, so I have a house to myself if you'd like to come around and stay the night or something :D We could have a girly night; pizza, ice cream, and DVDs? XDDD

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] mybabyangel.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 12th, 2009 10:07 am (UTC)
I'm so sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had to check my work schedule today. Whereabouts is your grandmother's? Because if it's not too far I might be able to do Wednesday night, but otherwise I won't be free until the 28th. :( Damn work and uni starting up again.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 15th, 2009 10:31 am (UTC)
Hmm... well, it looks like I'll be going back to Uni next weekend, so Wednesday night would have to be it if we could do it at all :(

I seem to recall you living North? Well, we're West... I could pick you up from Penshurst or Riverwood station? Is that too far away from you?

And LOL, I'm kinda booking my ticket around whether we can do this, so if you could get back to me asap that'd be GREAT :D Sorry I took so long to reply, but my brain has just stopped being fuzzy from my death sickness of death cough thingy XDDDD

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] mybabyangel.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 15th, 2009 10:44 am (UTC)
I've just looked it up with shittyrail and I don't think I'll be able to. D: It's just with my stupid work schedule the times I have to be in Hornsby and the amount of travel time would mean I'd get about half an hour to hang with you. ;_; THIS SUCKS. I HATE WORK. DDDDDDD:

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. And have a great time back at uni. :)
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 15th, 2009 10:52 am (UTC)
DUDE. That totally sucks major hairy balls!! :((((((((((( SIGH. You'll have to come down to my place for a weekend some time :D

But LOL, look on the bright side - at least you have work! LOL XDDDD

And thanks for the quick reply - I'll book my flight for Tuesday then <3333 *hugs*

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] mybabyangel.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 15th, 2009 10:55 am (UTC)
Massive hairy balls. Of a sweaty, sweaty man. >:|

And yes! I really must come down. First step: save the money! I suppose work comes in handy for that, too.

<33 have a safe one, love.
[identity profile] hazy-crazy.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 04:06 am (UTC)
I'm okay since I'm in Adelaide, and I know some other Melbournians that are fine, too. It's awful! :(:( Thank goodness for this cool change.
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:49 am (UTC)
Let's hope it comes in <333 *squishes*

Peace,
Rotae
[identity profile] jhuneycutt.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 05:07 am (UTC)
Whoa, I hope it doesn't get worse!
[identity profile] rotae.livejournal.com wrote:
Feb. 8th, 2009 11:49 am (UTC)
84 dead now.

Peace,
Rotae

Latest Month

January 2010
S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios
Designed by [personal profile] chasethestars